Announcement

Collapse

GSI shutting down

It is with regret that Gravsports Ice will be closing soon. Despite all of us here and many in the community being of the opinion that GSI is a better archiving system for information on ice climbing in the Canadian Rockies, this website will be shutting down.

Keeping the lights on and keeping conditions current no longer seems practical. We have tried making the forums more user friendly, and kept access to a vast array of beta and history contained on the website open to all. However low participation and increasing costs from both the website and hacker intrusions have lead us to this decision. Many thanks to Ian for past hosting costs. While the website will remain live for a short while you can expect it to disappear soon. We have talked of options to preserve the beta it contains however we offer no guarantees at this time.

We thank all our supporters, and everyone in the community for your past participation in GSI.
Regretfully
Will, Ian, and Grant.
See more
See less

Photos from Way up the Cross, Mitchell, Aurora Creek, Mt Alcantara area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos from Way up the Cross, Mitchell, Aurora Creek, Mt Alcantara area

Hi there,

A long time since I swung my tools but thought some of you might be interested in a bunch of early season lines forming on Mt Alcantara. Some looked particularly unique, funky ice gullies and veins.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ybB3kgx4xDon8vY47

Relatively easy drive up Settlers Road -> Cross River FSR -> Mitchell Creek FSR -> Aurora Creek FSR (near Baymag mine).

Enjoy.

Spencer

Were these taken from the road?

Comment

Hey Spencer, is this Al Kantera Falls? Are all the other pics in the same vicinity and how easy to spot them all? Also when you talk of a relatively easy drive did that area get any of the snow the eastern slopes got or still snow free? Jojo's book describes snowmobiles and skis so wondering if a small all wheel drive and walking would get you there and if so what sort of walking time/distance would it be?
      Kantera.jpg

Comment

Working...
      X