Kidd Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidd Falls

Climbed Kidd Falls yesterday with the legendary Conrad Anker.

Deep trail breaking up the left side of the drainage before crossing over and gaining the game trail that eventually leads up to the base. Looks like part of the bowl above ran big (size 3) sometime in the last week. Once we gained the avi debris it was quick travel up to the base. The route is hanging in there despite all the sun its been getting. Some hollow spots and tricky gear placements on both pitches

pics at

www.facebook.com/RockiesIce

Hiked up to Kidd Falls yesterday Sunday, Feb 9th. It was -25 Celsius at 9:30 a.m. but warm and super sunny once at the base of the climb. While we watched a party climb the first pitch on sun baked ice turning into wet plastic ice, we quickly felt the strong solar effect on the snow and ice. We could barely look at the fall. After failed attempts at making improvised sunglasses with straps and tape, we decided not to climb. I sure felt pretty dumb leaving the shades in the vehicle and cried a little on the inside, but we decided to enjoy the great sunny views instead. As we walked down, we watch the party finishing the 2nd pitch, which looked thin, but doable.

On the right hand side of the picture, one can see my friend Colin facing the rock wall trying to take a break from the glaring sun reflection. But I?d rather think that he?s banging his head against the wall because each of us forgot our shades at the Galatea Creek parking lot. Don?t forget your shades on sunshiny days!

Comment

Working...
    X