Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planters Valley 2018-19

Sunday 18-Nov-2018

Anorexia Nervosa is in great shape. Never seen the first pitch as fat. Steep featured climbing on the first pitch with good screws to be had.

Second pitch I lead up the first three tiers to the cave on the right where a bolted anchor is located at a great ledge stance. The final pitch is well steep, featured, and fun going up the column, then kicks back to an easy angle with some dinner plating.

Last pitch seemed to be getting wetter up top but not so as we had any problems.

We had a party climb AN after us, having bailed off Weathering Heights. Sounds like conditions on WH were good but very wet.

Unfortunately as I took the gear back from my second after the first pitch, I was missing a screw (not to be confused with a loose screw - which some would say is another problem I have). We looked for it but without success.

For the kind soul who finds the screw and returns it, I think a beer or wings would be in order. It was a BD 16cm screw.

Had the valley to ourselves New Year's Day. Fortunately the gale force winds blowing down Ghost Lakes were somewhat absent around Weathering Heights. Nothing of concern with this climb except it is well picked out & easy for its grade. We climbed the first pitch of Anorexia Nervosa, similar picked out conditions. The ice in the middle of pitch 1 has diminished somewhat from our visit 2 weeks ago. There is just enough ice though to keep it 'not too desperate'. The upper pitches looked hooked out too & were 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
    X