Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A week in the Rockies, February 2014! - Wicked Wanda, Rainbow Serpent, Aquarius, Sorcerer, Whiteman: 02/15/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A week in the Rockies, February 2014! - Wicked Wanda, Rainbow Serpent, Aquarius, Sorcerer, Whiteman: 02/15/2014

A year flies by so quick... it was already time for a return to taste Canadian ice! The story was familiar, high avalanche danger kept us to the Ghost... first world problems! I love the Ghost.. though my familiarity with it is gone, the floods last summer definitely changed the scenery into the North Ghost.

Scoped out the drive into the Ghost the first day and did Wicked Wanda, she was not her usual wicked self! The next day we did Rainbow Serpent which I was insistent on getting on asap (wild first pitch!), and then the following day the Sorcerer - never seen so much snow there, wow, the approach took a lot longer than it usually does. We were trashed from walking and took a rest day the next day. I guess we weren't sick of slogging (or there were no better options) because we went into Whitemans the next day! Such an awesome climb, I'm losing track of how many times I've made the trip there, but wow it is a long slong. And then Haffner/Marble and Moonlight, moose sighting included! The final day was a high of -28 C and a trip to the Banff Hot Springs was in order!

But the real point of trip reports, pics!

Working...
X