Mount Harrison (SW Face) - August 9, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount Harrison (SW Face) - August 9, 2019

The lowest 11000er at exactly 11000' (just ask Richard Maclennan). I bailed on my plan to solo the N couliour after a lack of overnight freeze spooked my rockfall hazard concern, and instead scrambled the SW face.

Driving beta: I found Corbett was a little bit unclear here. For the majority of the way up Harrison Creek, logging roads parralel it on both sides. You want to be on the North (climber's right) road when leaving the main road, following the creek on your left. There is a point (still several km from the trailhead) where this road forks, with one branch dropping down and fording the creek to the left (SE) side. At this fork, stay right (N) on a road labelled 7Z as of 2019. Drive this road through tightening willows and washouts as far as you can make it, or until it swings left and fords the creek to the trailhead.

The scramble itself is not particularly high quality, but the remote location and elevation give it an adventurous feel. There are options to bag other nearby peaks including Mount Folk, but forecasted rain left me concerned about the road and making a quick exit. More info in the photo captions.

1/2
    Last edited by Steven N; 12-Dec-2019, 04:48 pm.

2/2

Comment

Working...
    X